搜尋此網誌

2013年1月16日 星期三

Strengths and Areas for Development --- 2007(2)

[Strengths]
Creativity:
I love to design new method to enhance the product reliability and performance. In the past half year, although I need to spend lots of time to manage a team, I still design and propose a new method for System Background activities (like Files Synchronize) and Error handling to enhance the reliability and performance.

Leadership skills:
I know the strength of each team members and well understand what they want to develop. I can direct every team member to use their strength to achieve the goal in their most suitable position in every project. I spend some time to listen the voice of team members and let team members understand what the most important goal of our Company is. Let they do the right thing at the right time to achieve right goal. To establish good relationship between staff and all engineers, I let engineers had some experience sharing meetings to share some important working technology and experience relating to projects and sometimes I will dine with team member to share the life experience.

Performance management skills:
  1. I had setup the schedule of each team member for every project. And I reviewed the status of the project schedule every week to make sure we are on the schedule. If we had some urgent customer issue, I adjust the team member resource to make sure we did not miss the schedule. 
  2. I talked to every team member everyday to see if there is any help he need for achieving his project target and do my best to help him. 
  3. I talked to each team member and setup his long term and short team goal and help him to achieve the goal. 
  4. I gave my team’s best support to FAE or Sales/Marketing, since customer’s issue is always most important thing.
[Areas for improvement/ development]
Planning ahead:

I did not visit customers often and I did not talk to sales/marketing often. So I can’t forecast the market of future product very well. Usually, I accept what my manager planned the next product and I just do my best to develop the product well and on schedule.

Quality:
I had tried to design modules with high quality. But since I did not have much time to test what I develop, sometimes I still got some bugs reported to me. But I always try to fix it asap. Technical competence:
I still can’t understand the whole technical knowledge which is need for the Projects. I just own some portion of the technical knowledge. I need to spend more time to improve myself to know more.

沒有留言:

張貼留言