搜尋此網誌

2012年5月14日 星期一

A Letter to the Theater Manager


Dear sir,

I attended the late evening show which began at 9 p.m. on 10th June at your theater.

After returning home, I realized that I had left my briefcase in the cinema. Unfortunately, I had already thrown my ticket away, so I could not recall the seat number. I sat somewhere in the middle of the fifth or sixth row back from the front of the balcony.

I visited the cinema the day before yesterday, hoping to find out whether the briefcase had been had been handed in. However, the clerk on duty was not at all helpful. In fact, he was uncooperative or even rude.

The briefcase is small, brown leather one with my initials in gold on the outside. It contained a bunch of keys and some documents of personal value.

I should be most grateful if you would kindly investigate the matter and check whether or not my case has been handed in. If it has, would you kindly let me know as soon as possible?

I would like to apologize beforehand for the inconvenience.

Yours truly,     
Sam J.K. Lin
Vocabulary:
l   realize[tqaQupAal] (vt.)領悟,了解,認識到; 實現;使成為事實;
l   briefcase[teq`iuhTk](n.)公事包
l   cinema[tkanQmQ](n.)電影院;電影;電影業;電影製作術
l   thrown[Zqcn](throw的過去分詞)(v.),,,
l   recall[qathOp](v.)回想,回憶;使想起; 記得
l   balcony[te@phQna](n.)包廂,樓座,樓廳
l   hand in提出;繳交
l   clerk[hpPh](n.)辦事員,職員;書記;記帳員
l   on duty值班;上班
l   uncooperative[uSnhctFdQuqTfaj](a.)不合作的;不配合的
l   rude[qbg](a.)粗野的,粗魯的,無禮的;
l   leather[tpU\R](a.)皮的;皮革製的;
l   initial[atnaXQp](a.)姓名起首字母
l   bunch[eSnfX](n.),
l   grateful[tvqTfiQp] (a.)感謝的,感激的
l   kindly[thAangpa](ad.)勞駕,
l   investigate[antjUkfQuvTf](v.)調查,研究
l   apologize[QtdFpQugYAal](vi.)道歉;認錯,賠不是
l   beforehand[eaticquo@ng](ad.)預先,事先
l   truly[tfqbpa](ad)真實地;如實地;真正地;真誠地;忠實地;非常,


沒有留言:

張貼留言